Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas Question

Yesterday I was in the car with my 7 year old. We drove by a beautifully decorated Christmas tree at a shopping center near our home. She pointed out how pretty it was and then thoughtfully asked, "But will the people who are jewish be upset that there isn't anything decorated for them?"

Wow. She is very sensitive, empathetic, and so aware.

How would you respond?

1 comment:

  1. And soon it will be why don't they decorate for Ramadan for the Muslims. That is an endless question and one that is not easily answered. What we've come to know of "Christmas" is so far removed from the true meaning of this day of rememberance. I would explain what the real meaning of Christmas was and also explain what the Jewish people do to celebrate Hannukah. Maybe even try a Jewish tradition. Much harder than I thought now. She is so smart and praise God cares about the feelings of others. What a blessing and a true reflection of what God wants us to care about.

    ReplyDelete